Sorry, missed the "Home" part. MS goes out of it's way to hobble every version of Windows in one way or another. I happen to be running W7 64-bit Ultimate but the symptom was this:

I'd initially be able to map the drive, but when it rebooted, it wouldn't reconnect, and would display the log on prompt as though my userid or password was incorrect. Nothing I could do after that would allow me to connect. Not sure *why* I was able to connect initially, but the instructions I gave below solved it for me.

The "Home" edition is specially designed not to play nice on a business network so I don't know if that crippled feature will get in the way. I wish I could find the original IBM APAR document because it had TWO solutions: One that was client PC based and the other was on the i side. Due to the magic of the internet, my searches today are not returning the results. If I find it, I'll post it.