Any chance the subsystem they normally run in isn't up and running? That
would get you a connected telnet session with no login screen.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Thursday, 15 July, 2010 4:30 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Most telnet sessions not connecting after system restore

All are using the IP address of the i.

Pete

On 7/15/2010 5:19 PM, Charles Wilt wrote:
Pete,

Are some of the sessions using IP and other the DNS name?

Charles

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Pete Helgren<Pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure what is going on here. I had a couple of sessions connected
this customers 520 when I shut it down, replaced all the drives and
did
a system restore. When the system came back up, I reconnected my
sessions (tn5250j standard telnet sessions) and continued to check on
items and told the customer to go ahead and have the users sign back
on. The issue is, they can't sign on. I seem to have the only two
functional sessions (besides the console). They get a session
indicating they are "online" but the signon screen never displays.
Even
I can't create a new session. The users are accessing named
sessions.
The sessions are in vary on pending status.

TCP/IP and Telnet are obviously running (else I couldn't be on
myself).
So the question is: What did I miss? I deleted a session and then
attempted to connect (Auto config is ON) but the session never gets
created.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Pete