My server room has no A/C (never has), just a window that I keep open.
About 2 hours ago, I threw a SRC 11007201 with a warning message to the
operator message queue referencing AMBTEMP. Sure enough, it was plenty
hot in the server room. I moved in a fan, opened the door and set the
process in motion to cool the room down a bit. This is a small model 520
i5 server. I can remember doing this with a S/36 5360 years ago and
running it in a room that went up to 120. I'm wondering if anyone has any
experience running at high ambient temperatures and has an idea of how
long until the system decides to shut itself down?

So far, the message from 2 hours ago was the only one. The orange warning
light on the front of the server is on, but there are no source codes on
the display.

Will the warning light reset itself as the temperature comes down?

I'm not too worried, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Please, no rants about not having A/C. It rarely get this warm here
(northern New York in the Adirondacks).

Rich Loeber - @richloeber
Kisco Information Systems
[1]http://www.kisco.com