DrFranken,

Thank you for this post about knowing enough to be dangerous.

In my little 1-person shop I often feel dumb paying someone to do things
like add disk, remove an unneeded IXS card, etc. Those changes happen so
rarely there's no chance for me to become comfortable. I get all
apprehensive thinking about this being our production system and if I screw
it up, we have a REAL problem.

So I pay to have it done. I'd rather have a charge than a Stupidity
Surcharge.