On 25-Jun-2010 10:31, Jerry Adams wrote:
PMR: https://www-946.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/Home.action

FWiW:

Based on inference from experiences with similar URL naming used by IBM, the www-### naming seems to direct the request to a specific server [or some effect that I perceive as such,] such that using the www-### naming may prevent automatic redirection to a currently active and functional server, for any occasion when that application is not available via the specific www-### named by that URL.

Attempting to clarify what I allude in the above paragraph...

I have used www.ibm.com to successfully access an application even though the www-###.ibm.com address was not responding. For example, after having explicitly requested http://www-946.ibm.com/application resulted in the request timing-out, reattempting the same application but using http://www.ibm.com/application instead, the application was activated at an alternate location without errors or delays; i.e. the request completes after being redirected to www-01.ibm.com/application. Thus for a bookmark, I would typically edit the URL to be stored with the www.ibm.com versus the www-###.ibm.com, but only after verifying the expected redirect is effected, because the technique is not always valid\functional.

Thus for the referenced URL, I would bookmark that as:
https://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/Home.action

Regards, Chuck