Yeah. It just bugs me to drop even a nother nickel on this box. No users to worry about - just a couple of twinax line printers.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kirk Goins
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 8:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Removing drives from system

Actually the Spend Money key would be easier and faster.
#1 Get Replacement Drive
#2 STRSST and signin if needed
Start a Service Tool, Hardware Service Manager, Device Concurrent
Maintenance
#3 Give the tool DDxxx resource name and tell it to remove
Watch the blinking light and pull the drive
#4 Repeat step #3 with the Insert Option and insert the replacement drive
#5 Backout to main SST menu, then Work with disk units, Work with disk unit
recovery
and finaally Rebuild disk unit data

This can all be done with users on the system...

BTW Thanks Larry, I didn't know we could do this without replacing the
drive.