On 15-Jun-2010 14:26, David Gibbs wrote:

Anyone know if there is a way, in SQL, to use a full qualified
library& file where the library has a period in it?

Something like this: alter table lib.rary/filename add column new
column ...

I believe delimiting the library name should make the request function as expected. I can verify that is the effect with a period in a file name. For example:

crtsrcpf qtemp/dotname mbr(somename)
rnmobj qtemp/dotname *file dot.name
select count(*) from qtemp/dot.name /* -104:Token . not valid. */
select count(*) from qtemp/"dot.name" /* -204:"dot.name" not found*/
select count(*) from qtemp/"DOT.NAME" /* report result: zero */

Thus given a prior CRTLIB Lib.Rary, for which the name is folded to upper case, the functional SQL request would be written starting with:
ALTER TABLE "LIB.RARY"/filename ...

Regards, Chuck