Do you have V5R3M5? You MUST have M5 for a POWER5+ or nothing in the CEC will be recognized.

- DrFranken
On 6/15/2010 12:48 PM, Chris Bipes wrote:
Your SRC is pointing to not finding the load source. Are you IPLing off
of the D setting?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/index.jsp?topic
=/arebh/B7005122.htm

Do you have an HMC? If not you may want to hook a computer up to the
HMC1 port and see if you can get to ASM page and see what is going on
there. Power 5 HMC1 port defaults to 192.168.2.147 Once you have the
logon page up, you can see the server serial number followed on the far
right, the firmware level Something line SF240_xxx

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.
-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Spencer
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:41 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SRC B7005122 and System Board Replacement

Hi All

I have a 520 Power5+ here that I can't get the OS loaded on. I have 3
copies
of V5R3 but the last version I have was released in April of 2004.

The SRC is B7005122 which I think may be due to the firmware on the
system
being too high for the firmware release on the installation media I
have.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I had the same error on this system a few weeks ago and couldn't
proceed with the installation any further and to cut a long story short
when
the memory

was removed the fan assembly caught the white clips and lifted the
memory
slot off the board and ruined it. I have replaced the board and was
wondering (seeing as I have no OS yet) would I need a system bypass
password? The processor came with the board but I had to use the VPD
card
(the tall thin card behind the front panel assembly) from the old board
and
put it onto this new board.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly welcome