Hi Charlie,

The code is going to expect GCC 4.1.1 to be installed in /usr/local/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.1

The tarball should automatically extract to that location if you start it from the root of the IFS. So you should do this:

cd /
tar xf /path/to/gcc.4.1.1.tar

Replace "/path/to" with whatever directory you put the gcc.4.1.1.tar file in.

I find myself very frustrated with this whole situation. I'm trying to figure out how I can make this easier. I didn't realize that it was so difficult for people to do... for me, it was a no-brainer, but then I have lots of Unix experience, and I just didn't realize this was so hard for someone who lacks that experience.