On 09-Jun-2010 18:53, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
James H. H. Lampert wrote:
CRPence wrote:
The above APAR lists the latest superseding PTF for each of
the other current\supported releases; the above PTF is for
v5r4m0, and its latest supersede is MF49730.

Anybody know of a PTF (or a workaround) that goes back to
V4R4?

Since the SAV gets issued by a QCMDEXC call in an RPG program,
would perhaps something as simple as monitoring for an error on
the QCMDEXC solve the problem?

Since each of the three referenced failing SAV issues involved encountering an EOV during the request, perhaps some means could be employed to avoid that End-Of-Volume condition?

Given the error condition is an abnormal\unexpected condition for the OS program, I am unsure how monitoring for that failure in user code which called the OS code could assist. IMO any monitoring and handling of the recovery for whatever is the origin of the issue would have to be [done] in the OS code.

I expect the only way to deal with the issue is to prevent whatever condition leads to the synchronization problem the file system code detects; presumably that is an issue that OS code has itself effected. That means either avoiding EOV or avoiding whatever is causing the alluded conflict for which the failure in synchronization transpires. The latter part is the biggest mystery, as you suggest there should be no conflicting activity, yet the APAR implies otherwise.?

Regards, Chuck