Thank you Pete. As a follow-up question, I was told that this is only
valid if the CEC (system unit) has no internal disk. Is that true. It
doesn't seem to make sense if it is true.

Thanks again.

Dan...

I do this all the time. You can share the Tape drive and DVD
when the hosting partitions owns them, and the i5/OS guest
partition is a virtual partition. You just need an HMC.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com

Add iTech Solutions on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126431824120
Add iTech Solutions on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2206093

Everyone,

I have a 8203-E4A with a host i5/OS 6.1 partition. A 5886
external disk enclosure. No internal DASD. I want to avoid
the expense of a 5790 expansion unit to support an IOP and
IOA. I would like to have a guest i5, AIX, and LINUX
partitions. Will the 5746 do the job?

Regards,

Dan...