On my (V5R3) system, rm will not stop for the given scenario. It will end
with exit status 1 but that's not the same thing.

What is the error message for which the command stops? See the reference I
directed you to. Pay particular attention to -i and -f flags.

Finally, what you might want is this:

rm $(find /myData -type f)

See the same reference for the "find" command to see why that works.

The error message" If you are using rm (without the recursive flag) then
you are requesting deletion of files. rm /myData/* expands to include
/myData/test. You are asking rm to remove a file by that name, but there is
no file by that name. There is a directory, but that's not the same thing.
Hence the error message.

Dennis Lovelady
"It is the difference of opinion that makes horse races."
-- Mark Twain

Here's my directory : /myData

inside, I have :

Opt Lien objet Type Attribut Texte
test DIR
file1 STMF
file2 STMF

I run in a clp :
QSH CMD('RM /myData/*')

Afterwards, I have :

Opt Lien objet Type Attribut Texte
test DIR

Which is the desired result.

What I don't want, is for the program issuing the command RM to stop.

As for the message rm: 001-2139 The object /myData/test is a directory.
No such path or directory.

The first sentence is clear. The second is not.