There are multiple schools of thought.

One is that memory is like purchasing a piece of equipment for the shop
floor, if you're using it at full capacity, that's a good thing. It's
hard for them to grasp my running my milling machine at full capacity will
slow down their injection molder.

One is that QPFRADJ does it's adjustment too slowly to avoid wide swings.
For example, you switch from day to night. IOW, everyone goes home and a
slew of night jobs kick in promptly at whistle blow. QPFRADJ will only
move so much memory at certain intervals. It may take awhile for batch to
be optimized. Expect vendor replies from companies that have software to
tune more timely than QPFRADJ.

Some may throw more memory at it.

Some may suggest a comprehensive tuning analysis which may, or may not,
result in thowing more memory at it.

My school of thought is that if you're getting too damned many alerts and
people are conveniently forgetting their pagers or blackberries because
they are tired of hearing of it, then turn it off.

What, exactly, are they to do when this happens? If this only turned on
because FRANK runs the query from hell interactively and kills the system
and you need to kill his job, then have your tool say if the memory hog is
from an interactive session from FRANK and that query is in the call stack
than kill his job. This is long hand for automated operations.