Thanks again to all, the FTP is working perfectly.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:32 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: saving Image catalog

ldwopt@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have created a virtual tape environment on a V6R1 system. I have
saved the test libraries to the Virtual tape image catalog.
I have tried to FTP the image catalog to a remote PC system but the
"put" command fails due to format issues.

put /images/tape/backup/vol001 vol001
File name format not valid. Use the format: library/file.member
or file.member.

What is the correct way to FTP the virtual tape image catalog to a
remote PC?

AFaIK the FTP [STRTCPFTP] command still has no "Name Format"
parameter on that release; it has been a client & server application
attribute, NAMEFMT() of CHGFTPA.

When the i as FTP client has the name format option established by
default as *LIB [versus *PATH], the FTP PUT subcommand should be preceded by
the site specific subcommand NAMEFMT. In the given scenario, issue the
following request prior to the PUT:
SITE NAMEFMT 0

If the "SITE" subcommand does not prefix the site-specific subcommand
NAMEFMT, then the effect of QUOTE SITE NAMEFMT 0 having been issued
implicitly, will be diagnosed as an error on the server... which both can be
confusing and is needless messaging with the server.

Also, do not forget the BINary to specify IMAGE transfer; noted, since no
mention was made of any subcommands issued prior to the PUT in the FTP
script\session.

Regards, Chuck