Terry,

You appear to have a CCSID problem with your curly brackets, since it works just fine on my system. (tested on both V5R3 and V5R4)

This is from my system:

$
$
> echo ${PTH1}
/path1:/path2:/path3
$

However, that has little to do with this thread. This thread was started by Pete Helgren who was using ADDENVVAR and trying to enable a CLASSPATH for an ILE RPG program. None of which involves QShell or PASE.