Hi John,

Doing an HTTP call by IP address isn't a good idea because it eliminates the ability to use name-based virtual hosting. However, it shouldn't have any effect on SSL!

So you say a lot of stuff in your e-mail... but you have yet to tell us what software you're using, or what problems you're having...

Personally, I can do all of the things you're asking for without issue using HTTPAPI. Indeed, it's the default behavior.