Kirk Goins wrote:
OK, I haven't tried or done this for a while and the brain cells
need a refresh.

A DR restore would have any options that were originally installed showing as installed on the system as target of the restore. That is a side effect of RSTLIB of every library associated with each OPTION, and any other objects related to the option being restored in conjunction. If the libraries for those options were simply omitted from a recent DR restore, likely just restoring the omitted libraries will suffice; then CHKPRDOPT to ensure the installation is valid.

However if the system does not currently have those options installed or the installed status of those options are in *ERROR, then AFaIK the GO SAVE Option-21 is not of complete direct assist, even if restoring the libraries for the option might seem to resolve. That is because although like when using RSTLIB from the full save, restoring all of the libraries associated with each of the options can make the options appear to be installed, unless the full relationship to any /user/ libraries for the options is fully understood, there might be concern that what was restored as the option might not reflect what the full system restore would reflect. For example, if the option has objects in QUSRSYS that are not also restored from the same DR media, is what presently resides in the QUSRSYS library correctly matching with the version of the OPTION() just restored from the Save-Entire-System? A recent SAVE-21 would work best for cases where any specific object(s) as reported missing by CHKPRDOPT OPTION(named) can be recovered directly by restore [e.g. RST or RSTOBJ] from that full system backup.

Normally the options would be recovered or installed by RSTLICPGM, which means the restore of the options is an install. That would be done from either original install media [e.g. provided by IBM] or from media created with SAVLICPGM or GO LICPGM Option-40; i.e. from DSLO media, distribution media created by GO LICPGM Option-40.

Regards, Chuck