Google is your friend:
http://forums.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=45982

This error ("A domain error in a math function occurred") means that
the input data isn't valid hex characters, and therefore cannot be
converted.

In order to supply valid hex characters to the cvtch() function, the
source ("Src" in your prototype) must consist of:

* Each byte must contain an EBCDIC character containing 0-9 or -A-F.
* A-F must be in uppercase.

Note the last requirement.

HTH,
Charles