Hello friends at the Midrange list,

I have one of those simple CL programs that perform the Send/Receive of
messages

snippet

DCL VAR(&CALLER ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL VAR(&KEY ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN( 4)
DCL VAR(&DATA ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(720)

SNDPGMMSG MSG(' Msg/Info sent to = *PRV ( &CALLER ) ') +
TOPGMQ(*PRV (&CALLER )) +
MSGTYPE(*RQS) KEYVAR(&KEY)

RCVMSG PGMQ(*PRV (&CALLER)) MSGKEY(&KEY) +
SENDER(&DATA) SENDERFMT(*LONG)

/* decompose *SENDER *LONG format into meaningful segments */

/* sending job: job (10), User (10), job number (6) */
chgvar &sender_01 %sst(&data 1 26)

/* date (7) 0yymmdd and time (6) */
chgvar &sender_02 %sst(&data 27 13)

/* sender type: 0, 1, 2, 3 */

chgvar &sender_03 %sst(&data 40 1)

... etc, etc, etc

I am not having problems receiving those messages back from either OPM or
ILE programs.
( using the bound program, module and procedure names ... whenever
necessary).

However I was curious that when I was looking into the first 26 bytes
of the of the sender's 720 bytes of information that correspond to the
sender's job
I did not see any of the Job's name, user profile and job number
information available
as the Information center tells me I should get .

An inconsistency? ... I get everything else!

I do not think I am doing anything special here.

So here is the question ... Why?

Just curious

Anyone knows the reason why the advertised segment of information in the
first 26 bytes is = *blanks?

Thanks for your responses

Jorge Moreno
Military Car Sales, Inc