It's been a few years since I used BRMS but if memory serves you need to
use the name with MLB in it, so that'll be TAPMLB03 in your case. You'll
also need to enter the correct volume id on your restore command, this
will mean that the correct cartridge will be moved from its library slot
to the drive automatically.

If you're using the BRMS navigator (can't remember if it's part of Ops Nav
or if it's separate) it should be fairly obvious what is loaded where - it
should tell you the status of the drive, what's loaded in the drive, and
what's in each library slot.

If that doesn't work (or you don't know the vol id) then you'll need to
mount the cartridge and specify *MOUNTED.

Another option (and my memory of this is sketchy so I don't really know
why I used to do restores this way, but I did) is to vary off the tape
library (TAPMLB03) and instead vary on the tape device (TAP03) and restore
from that (and remember to change them back again afterwards or your
regular backups won't work).

Sneha Verma <snehaverma001@xxxxxxxx>
09/04/2010 11:18
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Fw: Restore using Tape library

To explain this better here is exactly what I have to do:

There is a tape DA0160 from which I have to restore.The operator will put
it in the media library.Once this is done how do I check that the media
has been loaded to the media library?

do I need to do additional task of taking option 8(Mount) against the
particular tape in question from 'Work with Media Library Media' Menu
before issuing the restore command?

Also in the restore command under the device name,do I need to give the
TAPMLB03 as the device name or TAP03 as the device name?The tape media
library configuration is as follows:

TAPMLB03 3576 Available to use
TAP03 3580 Unavailable (use Opt 1)

Which device do I need to vary on while restoring?As shown above only
TAPMLB03 is showing 'Available for use'?

Need your advice urgently as I have to perform the restore.

Regards
Sneha

I have BRMS and the tape library is configured as follows:

TAPMLB03 3576 Available to use
TAP03 3580 Unavailable (use Opt 1)

I have to do the restoration using the above configuration.The system
operator just loads the tape in the tape library.

how do I check whether the tape is loaded in the correct device?

Also in the restore command under the device name,do I need to give the
TAPMLB03 as the device name or TAP03 as the device name?

Which device do I need to vary on while restoring?As shown above only
TAPMLB03 is showing 'Available for use'?

Regards
Sneha

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger.
Download Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php