I agree with both of Larry's points, but will emphasize the user count question. I have a customer that uses BPCS and has user based pricing. This version of BPCS for some reason does not stop too many users from signing on, it just logs the over use. When Infor bought BPCS they did an audit of the users. Five users for a total of 4 hours of terminal time (not cpu/IO, time signed on) over the course of two years cost the company in excess of $35,000 in fees/fines because of the way the license was written.

For $35K, I'll limit the users. I can argue there are MUCH better ways to do it, a routing program that keeps track of it outside of the software comes to mind, but that is one simple straight forward way of doing it.

One cannot ignore the security aspects of it either.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC