Jake,

Our company is doing this now. On our test system 8203-E4A V6R1

You can save everything, but the OS and the LIC. These can only be saved to
a unit that you can boot from.
You can save license programs and all user objects. The software runs in
the QSYS environment and uses FTP to send the save files to a network
attached USB drive. We wrote the code in REX but the company will not let
us send it to anyone because of a liability issue. The REX code was only
about 30 lines of code.

On our network (which operates at only 100mb) it averaged ~ 3 minutes to
back-up 1 GB of user objects with the i running nothing else at the time.
This is about the same speed we see on our production I using LT04 tape when
the system is active.

I saw an ad from Iomega last week that they have a 2 and 4 TB Network
Storage system USB and Ethernet with Raid 0 a Raid 1 for $370 and $670
respectively. I do not work for this company or sell these product.

If you try this I recommend you test it extensively before you make this
your primary system.
Good luck

Regards,

William Luke