Hi, Zvi:

 Message
ID . . . . . . :   TCP2615       Severity . . . . . . . :   20
 Message
type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   04/02/10      Time
sent  . . . . . . :   16:24:37

 Message . . . . :   TCP/IP gateway nnn.nnn.nnn.254
unreachable.
 Cause . . . . . :   TCP/IP gateway nnn.nnn.nnn.254  is no longer
reachable from
   this system. Connections routed through gateway nnn.nnn.nnn.254  may
fail if no
   other route to the connection destinations can be

This seems to be overload in network as you can see from this article:
http://forums.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=45658

With all respect, that systeminetwork thread hardly looks conclusive.
Searching further, I have seen indications (but nothing definitive) that IBM
has some patches (part of the most recent cumulative set, apparently) that
address TCP2615 among others. I say this due to vague references from a
Google search.

My second reaction is that this sounds like something for which the remote
system's administrator should call support.

But failing all that, once you have answered the other questions, we may
have more to go on. Here they are again, with more elaboration, for your
convenience.

Is there a job log on the server (remote) system that shows a failure of
some sort?
(The TCP2615 appears to be a symptom of the failure. We need the
failure itself.)
What is the OS release level of the remote?
How are these files being sent? FTP? Something else?
What services actually end?
? What is the status of the line before ENDTCPIFC? (WRKLINSTS)
What type of line is this? (WRKLIND)

Also, what is the PTF status of the remote system?
Does anything look helpful in DSPMSG QSYSOPR or using command DSPLOG
PERIOD((fromtime fromdate)) (starting about 5 minutes before the failure)?

By the way, here's that Google result I eluded to before. But the link
doesn't point to the indicated text. To find this yourself, google for
TCP2615. Should be near the bottom of page 1.
IBM i Support: Software Technical Document : 484227176
MF47202, 9279, Ethernet can sleep, TCP2617 and TCP2615, Jumbo Frames do
not leave system. SF99354, 1000,
V6R1M0 TCP fix pack. ...
https://www-912.ibm.com/.../940c251b0976fb5186257425005b07e7?..

Dennis Lovelady
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never
tried before."
-- Mae West