Ed - the company I work for provides software with the ability to answer inquiry messages from a cell phone, or send back a command to be executed. We do this using a GSM modem. If you want to know more please feel free to visit:

http://www.halcyonsoftware.com/suites/messagemanagementsuite/index.html

Regards

Martin Norman
Technical Support
Halcyon Software Inc.

Tel: +1 (215) 240 8838 ext. 802
Fax: +1 (215) 933 1428
Cell: +1 (215) 939 3736

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:01:46 -0500
from: "Ed Allen" <ed.allen@xxxxxxx>
subject: Answer messages remotely via email or text message

I thought I did good writing a small program to monitor QSYSOPR message queue and sending email and/or text messages to

the appropriate person when a message requiring an action is encountered.

Everyone loved it, I was looking good! But my euphoria was short lived when I started receiving requests to allow them to answer the messages via a reply to the email or text message.

Now I am stumped on where to even begin. Anyone doing this already? Can anyone point me to where I begin to look for material on how to do this?

Is it even possible? I did some searching on the interent but came up empty (but not sure my search terms were accurate for the solution)

Any advice out there?

Ed