On 1/27/2010 2:13 PM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Your vendor sends you a stripped down system plan. You noticed his
concentration was primarily on getting the cards in the right slots. He
used dummy figures for memory and processor and lpars are not in the right
order. Tagged I/O was generally ignored. You also retrieve a system plan
from your current system using your HMC. Has everything. However, you
are upgrading from 9406 to 9117. Thus "System name" will change. In the
process you will also be removing two 5088's and their attached 5094's.
Some tagged I/O will be changing as a result. How do I come up with a way
to do this without having to rekey all my partitions profiles by hand like
I just had to do last week when upgrading my M25 to an E4A? (Even though
rekeying 5 partitions of which one is Linux and one is a guested i on i
partition and only having two errors - an external DVD declared required
instead of desired and setting one partition to IPL from D - is pretty
good.)

Rob Berendt
#1 Replace your BP or work with them to make sure the Sysplans are correct.
#2 Replace your BP and Download the SPT and correct all the errors and omissions
http://www.ibm.com/systems/support/tools/systemplanningtool

Before I get flamed for telling people to replace their BP, I work for a BP and am the guy doing the Sysplans etc. While the plan that was provided was good enough to Order the System with, it wasn't good enough to implement/install/migrate etc. Also depending on the system and a correct SPT/Sysplan IBM will ( for a fee of course ) position all the HW and I think install i5/IBM i per the Sysplan.