After rereading the first line it sounded wrong, The profiles have a UID
of whatever. say 688. But most have a GID of *NONE. Group profile do have
a UID and GID assigned.

From:
"Bob P. Roche" <BRoche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Date:
01/27/2010 02:49 PM
Re: NFS copy issue
Sent by:
<midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

That varies by who is doing it. Most profile have a UID and a GID of
*none. The real user it needs to work as is QTMHHTP1, I want to use this
with a web page using CGIDEV2's multipart/form-data support. I am trying
to get an attachment, probably JPG from a web page, but don't want to fill

our drives with the images.
I know we tried creating a profile and group profile to match the user on
the linux share. I was able to cerate a file in the share copy it out and
back into the share and everything looked OK. If the same user created
something outside of the share and tried to copy it in, It gets rejected.
He did something related to "root squashing", but whatever he tried didn't

work either. I read up on the term and was surprised it didn't work. It
sounded exactly like my problem. I hope this works like I've read a pain
to get setup, but when it works, its reliable.