Dean

I have a PMR in to partner support at IBM - will see if they can tell a way to do this. The support guy did not hold out much hope of a change, because IBM are pushing Web Query.

I did a quick test of a minimal QMFORM source - no luck - the Query Management manual you mention might say which records are required - seems almost all are!

Will come back with more info if and when I get it.

BTW, I think QM is a great technology to know about - I use it all the time and recommend it to customers who want to create reports quickly - I think it can be much more flexible than RPG, and faster to create. Web Query is intended, as far as I can see, for clients, not for production jobs. I've helped a few customers learn it, and they love it.

Vern

Dean.Eshleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Vern,

I was trying to figure out if I could create a predefined generic form with a header as a variable and nothing else specified, but I don't think that will work. Probably the only thing that would work is creating the form on the fly. That is probably more work than I want to do. Like you say, the source for QM forms is not for the faint of heart. I looked at a manual that talked about the record types and codes to use, but it sure seemed complex. That is why I posted my original message to see if anyone could help me out. : ) I think I may be out of luck though since I'm sure not many people use QM forms anymore. A clunky approach may be my only option.

Dean Eshleman,
MMA, Inc.