Michael Smith wrote:
The article "How to read a CSV file in RPG" in the iSeries Network
magazine by Scott Klement really help me.

I stuck the smallest of the three STMFs onto our 520, along with a receiver PF.

It looks like unless the customer comes up with a way to do it themselves, I'll be using Scott's methods: CPYFRMIMPF managed to get 684 good records out of the first 2000 or so (of some 300000) before it crashed my terminal session with a joblog full of data mapping errors. So it's clearly a bit more than CPYFRMIMPF can handle. I think (based on some of the error messages) that it's interpreting two fenceposts together as a null field (which the file doesn't allow), rather than a blank (or perhaps zero) one.

Ye vish, that 520 is fast! I've never seen a terminal session fill its joblog that fast.

--
JHHL
(off-duty in a few minutes!)