From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:42 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Adopted Authority problem

A change management system (CMS) is a package (such as MKS) that is used to checkout an object for maintenance. It has all of the facilities needed to promote the changed object back to production with all of the attributes intact. At least, that's the short version (over to you, David).

A 'make' program is something as simple as a CLP that is used to compile the program and apply, if needed/desired, attributes such as ownership. Someone on the list (Alan Campin, I think) has a Make utility.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
--
B&W Wholesale