To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:16 PM
Subject: RE: ole db/400 performance large file

What do you mean by network server then - something that's local on your
network, or are we talking a canned piece of software ?

Stored proc was the kind of thing I was thinking when I mentioned triggers.

Does the file get rebuilt and cleared every day ?

If so, you could consider pushing the file into some other format (csv, xml,
something else) and pushing that over the network then parsing it at the
iseries end.

The idea of a record by record transfer is what is (probably) at the root of
your problem.

Regards
Evan Harris