A final (maybe) note on this. I was told that the procedure that was unmodified on my end magically worked just fine this morning. I mentioned ILE activation group as a potential issue based on an experience I had with a Pr1me computer years ago. Specifically (I can't forget, even twenty years later), SPOOL -LIST would, on occasion, do nothing. Only fix on that system was to log off and back on. What I was seeing on the i was the terminal session being displayed or not, and that behavior was what I had seen with SPOOL -LIST.

Kind of frustrating when something seems to get fixed and nobody says anything was done. Or, it is still an issue - just not this morning.

John McKee

-----Original message-----
From: jmmckee jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:15:40 -0600
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: sFTP new failure mode

I am going to pass your remarks along to the people on the server side. The claim is that nothing has changed. But, something is different. Doesn't make sense, at this point, as to why FileZilla works. Or, for that matter, why two other tasks directed to that server, a PUT to a different directory, and a get from still another directory do work. Three different directories. The second and third tasks operate on subdirectories of the main login directory. The failing job is attempting to put data into the login directory. Sure looks like something got changed. Directory permissions on the login directory might have been changed.

John McKee