I have no clue what would cause something like this. My best guess is that it's trying to interpret the 7z program as a shell script (which it's not, it's a program.)

But I have no clue why it'd do that.

MattLavinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
After the last message, I went back through the steps that were on your
site. I followed them and ran the TAR command again from QP2TERM. The
command seemed to run successfully, but this is what I see when I try to
use the 7-Zip command 7z (I should see the help screen):

/usr/local/bin/7z
/usr/local/bin/7z: {Z@a^Ã^Ã^ÃaÂ^Ã%^?aÃÃ^Ã^Ã^ÃÃÂÂaâÂ
^Ãa^Ã^Ã^Ã^Ã^Ãa^Ã^Ã^Ãa^ÃÃÂ^Ã^ÃaÃÂ^?@^?[: not found.
/usr/local/bin/7z: ^?%: not found.
$

Since I can't really see the message, so I'm not sure what to look at next.
Again, my guess was this is related to a CCSID issue of some sorts.

I'll try to be more specific in the future.

Matt

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
|12/24/2009 10:16 AM |
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
|Re: 7-Zip On IBM i |

What do you mean by "the output is garbled"? Please be specific.

MattLavinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
You're right. I did install from QShell. Wasn't aware of the
differences
between running from QShell and QP2TERM. Did some research and see that
is
does make a difference. Should have followed instructions.

Another issue I am running into though is my output in QShell is fine,
but
when I run in QP2TERM, the output is garbled. Obviously a CCSID issue,
but
I am not sure what I need to do to resolve it.