To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 11:55 AM
Subject: frequent manipulation of jobs library list

Is there any impact or considerations related to constantly changing a
jobs library list, either by adding/removing a library or by changing the
curlib?

We are trying to develop a methodology for providing a "beta" environment
based on a facility number. One idea is to create a set of beta libraries
where beta code will be installed. Based on a control file that would
contain facilities included in the beta. If they are a beta facility, the
beta library would be added to the top of the libl (or made the curlib).
If it's not a beta facility, the beta library will be removed from the
libl.

Our processes don't process data by facility, so this approach would
likely be changing the libl every transaction, which is high volume. Some
of these processes run 24X7.

Would manipulating the library list this frequently impact job performance
and/or system performance?

Thanks
Joe