To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/21/2009 04:57PM
Subject: RE: Mapics Upgrade

Hm, just a WAG, but I'd bet this AS400 is running the *M36 environment,
which was removed from OS400 sometime around V4R4, I think. The *M36
was a dedicated S/36 SSP runtime, and not related to the S36EE (System
36 Emulation Environment). It was common to use *M36 to support a
binary-compatible S/36 environment, that did not require any coding
changes to the S/36 application code.

I doubt running this in S36EE is possible, since you must have source
code to port the app. Not familiar with Mapics...

-Eric DeLong