Jim Franz wrote:
Has something changed in folder authority in PTFs via v5r4? I
have a profile that I have used to install a vendor's software
that updates folder of help text. That profile is in the System
Distribution Directory, and has worked previously. The profile
has always been a part of a group profile (which is not in the
System Distribution Directory). Today the install failed with a
CPF9006 "User not enrolled in system distribution directory...."
I know this worked with the same profile prior to recent cume
updates. Searched ptf cover letters & other areas of IBM Support
- nothing about group profiles related to CPF9006 (maybe it
shouldn't have worked before?)

From the given, should the reader infer the message details for the CPF9006 recorded the group profile name? Perhaps the specific details of the message plus the group & user names are best stated for the most clarity.

Is it possible the user previously had the necessary authority to the folder, and [per no longer having the private authority held by the user] only now the failing operation has a need to depend on the authority available to the group? Has the user profile, since the last time used for the install, been changed to have either of OWNER(*GRPPRF) or GRPAUT(*otherthanNONE)? Or perhaps the user, although verified to be in the directory, has its entry [pending] being renamed?

If the operation had not been prevented in the past, but has since been corrected to fail with CPF9006 [i.e. if "maybe it shouldn't have worked before"], then that would suggest such a change was one of the security\integrity PTFs which are effectively not capable of being searched.

Regards, Chuck