If you want to access the table with the identity column with the identity
column as key you need to add a primary key constraint to the table.
To make sure the generated identity value is always unique you need to
either add a primary key constraint or a unique key constraint or generate
an unique index over this column.

The easiest way to create a table with an identity column with an primary or
unique key constraint build over this column is to use iSeries Navigator -->
Database --> Schemas --> Select your schema --> Tables --> New.

CREATE TABLE MYSCHEMA/MYTABLE (
MYID INTEGER GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (
START WITH 1 INCREMENT BY 1
NO MINVALUE NO MAXVALUE
NO CYCLE NO ORDER
CACHE 20 ),
MYCOL INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 ,
... additional Columns/Fields ,
CONSTRAINT MYSCHEMA/MYPRIM PRIMARY KEY( MYID ) )
;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)