DCL VAR(&CRLF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2) VALUE(X'0D25')

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 1
date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:07:13 -0500
from: MWHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Can I Insert CR/LF into data area text?

Is there a way to insert a CF/LF into the text of a data area?

I am using a data area to contain standard text that will be inserted
into
the body of an email for problem reporting. The problem I have is that
the
text is inserted as one stream. Is there a way to type a CR/LF into the
data area text, so that when the email is sent it is formatted better?

In the below code snippet, the EM_DTA field is populated from a data
area.

Message = EM_DTA +
'The image processing received an error while +
validating the ZIP file. The ZIP file with
internal
+
name of ' + %trim(IntZipName) + ' did not contain
the +
expected image ' + %trim(CFFJES) + '. Processing +
was stopped.';
SndGmail(NORM_EMAIL:'Manager':EDI_EMAIL:'EDI Support':