Hi, James:

Windows 7 Professional provides an option called "Windows XP Mode" -- you have to download a large image of a Windows XP system that runs inside a Microsoft Virtual PC virtual machine, but once you set this up, you can run applications that are not compatible with Windows 7 "inside" this virtual machine, and it all happens seamlessly, so they appear to run on your Windows 7 desktop, just like any other applications. Here are links to more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/
and
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-PC/support/requirements.aspx
and
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

It might be worth a try for running older versions of IBM Client Access, or other "legacy" apps. that you may need to run from time to time.

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> James Newman, CDP wrote:
I have a 170 and 9406-600 running v5R2 and use the 9406-600 as an "external
drive", backing up critical libraries to it. I've recorded macros to start
FTP and push the files from the 170 to the 600.

I recently upgraded machines and have 2 pc's running Windows7. When I tried
running the macro to start FTP I got this message:

**
*"PCSWS041 - The system has insufficient resources or the Script Engine is
not properly installed"*

So I recorded the macro to start FTP again and now it works great.

Then I tried running a macro to push the files from one machine to another
and got the same message. No problem, I thought. So I recorded the macro
again. But when I ran it I got the same message.

Anyone else using workstation macros and W7? Thoughts?