I know for sure that IVM is not on the i - it is in the bladecenter only.

There's a Redbook on installing blades that probably will answer all your questions - Vess Natchev is one of the authors - google on his last name and the word, blade, and you will likely find it.

Vern

Jack Kingsley wrote:
How do you start and use the IVM?? If have seen the virtual partition
manager that Rob is talking about in SST. How do you know what you can use
and can't use, sounds like it depends upon IBM model etc. Is it possible to
do things with the IVM/HMC/VPM where they all interact together or do they
all not get along to well. I have seen VPM and have an HMC but have never
seen the IVM. Is IVM web based using a URL then??