Specify the /receiver range/ of the restored receivers. The default value for RCVRNG is *CURRENT which means to start only with the currently /attached/ receiver. The value I typically use, and often change the default value under system change management, is RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN). However even the /current chain/ special value is of not assist if the restored receivers to not establish an unbroken chain; in that case, name the segment[ed cahin] of receivers explicitly, with the oldest as the start\first and the newest as the last\end of the chain\range.

Note: If the file was deleted an re-created versus restored anytime in that range or after, then be sure to also specify either a sequence range or date\time range; i.e. the existing object will have a JID [journal ID] which does not match what is in the receiver, and the specified FILE() default to only search entries by JID.

Regards, Chuck

Mant, Phil wrote:
I need to go back and look at some changes that were made to a
database file. I restored the journal receivers from a backup
tape but when I display the journal it does not show any of the
changes that were made in the restored journal receivers, it only
goes back to the date of the last journal receiver that was not
deleted from the system. Is there something I need to do
differently to display the data in the restored journal
receivers?