Buck wrote:
I want to move spooled files from one OUTQ to another. QSPMOVSP
seems tailor made and it's really fast due to its ability to use
the internal spooled file ID rather than the 'qualified' spooled
file/job name.

Sadly, QSPMOVSP makes held and saved spooled files ready, which
is not desirable. I want to move them, not change their status.

I'm hoping for a different API so I can keep the speed, but as I
wait for answers to come in, I'm switching over to CHGSPLFA via
QCMDEXEC.

I do not know of an API to replace CHGSPLFA. FWiW a CLLE issuing the CHGSPLFA via passed parameters would seem a better & faster option than the command string passed to a command interpreter.?

The verb "move" in that API defines movement for the relative positioning of a spooled file in a queue, not movement between queues. This placement into a specific position relative to other spools in a queue is not intended as a replacement for the "change" to the OUTQ attribute of the spooled file :-( regardless that a different\target output queue can be specified.

SWAG: If the intent is to move at least several spools to the output queue using that API [e.g. move all entries on one queue to another], then perhaps the expense of first creating a spool file in HLD [held] status in the target output queue would be negligible. Having done that, move\position all files directly after the held file [MSPF0200 for *AFTER], instead of to either the top of the queue or directly after any [previously moved] file which might not be held, then delete the spooled file created with HLD status.

Regards, Chuck