Does anyone know if SAP Business Objects BI software runs on an iSeries? I know SAP ERP does. I was thinking Business Objects was a Windows only product. If the application itself does not run on an iSeries do you know if the database it uses can be DB2 on an iSeries? I know it can access any ODBC compliant database to get data for the reports but my question concerns where and how it stores the report definitions. We will be buying a package soon that comes with Business Objects as its reporting tool and I was wondering if we could not install two or three more Windows servers just to run Business Objects and its database and maybe just run that on our existing iSeries. I am planning on asking the vendor the same questions but they are not an iSeries focused vendor and may not have any idea.

This thread ...