This is a strange problem, and I am not quite sure what question to ask,
but here goes.
Here is a high level fly by:
Using API's inside RPGIV to create and write a text file to the IFS.
Then using ajar to zip it up for FTP to a third party.
The problem is, when I get to ajar, the file I just wrote out there is not
found. I can go out and see the file if I use QSH, but if I try to do
something like ls filename, the file is not found? see below:

-rw-r--r-- 1 XXXXXXXX 0 2316615 Oct 2 16:34
QACXKQ6PMR.txt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 275 Jan 22 2009
QACXKT5ZSH.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 275 Jan 23 2009
QACXL98D6Z.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 3 Feb 20 2000
QACXNDV2H0
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 156 Jan 22 2009
QACXPVZW6Z.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 XXXXXXXX 0 2316615 Oct 2 16:26
QACXQ0ZQ5R
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 3 Feb 21 2000
QACXTC0LJ3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 87 Jan 22 2009
QACXW35Q5X.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 441 Jan 22 2009
QACXW518MJ.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 275 Jan 22 2009
QACXW5T6GX.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 275 Jan 23 2009
QACXWFD2GW.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 436 Jan 22 2009
QACXYTLDDD.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 XXXXXXXX 0 275 Jan 23 2009
QACXZZSY5N.xml
$

> ls QACXQ0ZQ5R
ls: 001-2113 Error found getting information for object QACXQ0ZQ5R. No
such path or directory.
$

As you can tell, the file is there, and should be readable, yet when I try
to list it specifically, that 001-2113 error shows up.
Thing is, when I was using CPYTOIMPF to write the file, I had no problem
zipping it up. Now that I am writing the file directly from RPG, it can't
be found. Is there a file end code that is missing, or is there something
else that I am missing.
Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx