All,

I've got a need to enable the CPYF using the FROMKEY/TOKEY parameter
with a signed numeric key when one specific file is being copied.
The call to CPYF is being done in a vendors program.

Bascially, the vendor's program will do

CPYF FROMFILE(LIB1/MYFILE) TOFILE(LIB2/MYFILE) FROMKEY(1 -100) TOKEY(1 -100)

I'm thinking that QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND may be my answer.

I can build an exit program that check to see if CPYF is being used on
MYFILE with the FROMKEY and TOKEY parameters. If so, I could invoke a
custom written program to copy the appropriate records.

I'd set the vendor software up so that it passed the value as charactor
CPYF FROMFILE(LIB1/MYFILE) TOFILE(LIB2/MYFILE) FROMKEY(1 '-100')
TOKEY(1 '-100')

Does anybody see any possible issues with this?

Thanks!
Charles Wilt