Hi,

when calling a procedure in an other (service-)program the unique signature
of the service program (which contains the procedure) is copied into the
(service-)program object. The signature is calculated based on the number
and sequence of the exported procedures.
When adding a new procedure to your service program the signature will be
changed and you have to recreate all (service-)programs that call any
procedure from the changed service program otherwise your program fails at
the activation time (because the service program is no longer found).

To avoid this problems the binder language was introduced.

In your binder source you list all exported procedures.
It is possible to let the signature generate automatically or specify your
own signature.

When specifying your own signature, you do not have to recreate all
dependent programs or service programs, because the signature won't change.
(Assuming you don't change the signature for your service program in your
binding source!)

If the signature will be generated automatically (or if you change the
signature, for example by integrating the creation date), you should store
the previous exported procedures separately.
In this way 2 (or even more if there are multiple previous version)
signatures are generated and integrated in the service program.
It is also not possible to recreate all depended (service-)programs, because
the "old" and "new" signatures coexist in the service program. At activation
time the service program can be found independent which signature is stored.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"