Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von BMay@xxxxxxxxx
Gesendet: Thursday, 17. September 2009 23:36
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: Re: Timestamp on a file

I am not where I can get to my 6.1 machine, but I don't think this works
for RLA. It works great for SQL.

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

Young i Professionals
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com

MKirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2009 04:32 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Timestamp on a file

IBM i 6.1

as-row-change-timestamp-clause:

Using the CREATE or ALTER TABLE:

FOR EACH ROW ON UPDATE AS ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP
Specifies that the column is a timestamp and the values will be generated
by
the database manager. The database manager generates a value for the
column
for each row as a row is inserted, and for every row in which any column
is
updated. The value generated for a row change timestamp column is a
timestamp corresponding to the time of the insert or update of the row. If
multiple rows are inserted with a single SQL statement, the value for the
row
change timestamp column may be different for each row to reflect when each
row was inserted. The generated value is not guaranteed to be unique.
A table can have only one row change timestamp column. If data-type is
specified, it must be a TIMESTAMP or a distinct type based on a TIMESTAMP.
A row change timestamp column cannot have a DEFAULT clause and must be
NOT NULL.