From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 8:17 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CPF3285 Damage File QAYPSYSTEM in QMGTC-offline

offline - thanks for the info. I have a 2nd question related to this, and to

me it sounds a little strange - this Save System issue has happened 2 months

in a row, and both times the cpf3777 error of a problem with the save is
issued, and (because no one is in the building at the time) the msg sits on
the console (twinax), and both times the default reply (C) appears in the
job log 22+ hours later. I can see the timestamp in the joblog. 1st month it

was 22 hrs, this month, 25 hrs later.
I know if someone just pressed ENTER it would take the default, but
according to the manager, no one was in the building either time. This is a
24x7 operation, except Saturday noon to Sunday noon and once a month they
start a Save All (go save opt 21) and leave. For years this has worked till
this error.
Is there anything in OS that would take the default reply after xx hours?
Nothing monitoring the sysopr queue.
No special schedule jobs.
Endsbs *all is successful.
It is twinax and I wondered if a power blip might in some way be seen as
ENTER..?
No power schedule jobs
No backup schedule jobs
V5R4 w/cume thru 08183 (installing latest cume soon)
Jim Franz