From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Friday, 4 September 2009 9:38 a.m.
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: upgrade to 6.1, rebuild outq's

Makes sense, Pete, since spooled files are a kind of virtual entity,
anyhow. They don't reside in OUTQs, they are members of physical files.
The outqs are an abstraction, a way of presenting what is contained in
those PF members.

Whew, never quite looked at it this way before.

So the spooled files can't be lost by the system. They can if YOU, the
customer, were able to delete an OUTQ, but we can't do that ourselves,
as I recall.

Vern

Pete Massiello wrote:
I haven't lost a spool file during any upgrade to 6.1 (V6R1). Each *OUTQ
is
deleted and recreated during the installation of the OS, the only think I
have noticed is the object changed date is updated.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com