Mike,

The SPT configuration tool doesn't know what you are doing or your
workload so it can't give you a configuration to match your requirements,
there are other tools that will model to do this. Has your BP collected the
info on your system to do that?

Now, the new controllers in the power 6 run at an amazing clock
speed compared to the stuff in the power5 520, and this controller in the
CEC will have more cache, but with the number of disk arms you had in
current config, you hadn't a
Second controller which you haven't told us what it is. The disks are
faster by 10 to 15% SAS vs SCSI, but they are both running at 15K.

I would assume that all 10 disks in the new configuration are off
the internal controller, I would look to have a "modeling" done of your
workload. If you do a WRKDSKSTS, the last column how busy does it get?
Collect that for a bunch of periods and see if you are getting over 10%
busy. If not, I would say going to less arms won't be a problem, but that
is a guesstimate, vs doing a model. If you are going to do partitioning,
and I assume you mean creating virtual i5 partitions, then I would
definitely add a few more arms.

Remember the 2core can only go up to 32GB of memory.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com