I don't know if CPYTOIMPF can do that or not, but here is my advice. Use
another solution. Even if it can do the field headings, next the user
will want special formatting or something else that CPTTOIMPF won't
handle.

You can build spreadsheets with POI (See Scott Klement's website for
info). You can also build spreadsheets using xml formatting that Excel
can open using CGIDEV2 (this is the method I personally prefer). Here is
a good tutorial on using CGIDEV2 for spreadsheets
http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg081308-story01.html

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

Young i Professionals
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com

Dan Rasch <drasch27@xxxxxxxxxxx>
08/28/2009 09:49 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Getting the field titles in a CSV document

Happy Friday, all!

I am sending a flat file to a spreadsheet, and have the CSV format
working.

I used:

CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIB/FILE) TOFILE(FILECSV) RCDDLM(*EOR) STRDLM(*NONE)

and when I display the file, it is good.

The user has requested the field titles, however, and I did not see a parm
in the command above.

I did not see a solution in the archives.

Thanks,

- Dan Rasch